I. Enrollment Programs& Categories
1. Enrollment Program: Chinese University Admissions Program (Category B).
2. Enrollment categories: full-time master and doctoral students.
II. Eligibility requirements
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health, complying with Chinese laws and regulations and school rules.
2. Educational background and age limit:
- Applicants for master degree studies must have a bachelor’s degree and be under age 35.
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have a master’s degree and be under age 40.
3. Applicants must have passed the HSK (Level 4) when applying for a Chinese-taught postgraduate program. Degree holders from Chinese-taught bachelor’s and master’s programs at Chinese universities are not required to provide a Chinese proficiency certificate (HSK).
4. Applicants shall meet requirements with excellent academic performance including academic ability, language ability and other relevant admission requirements of the university.
5. Graduands from bachelor’s and master’s programs of domestic or foreign who meet the above requirements are also recommended for the scholarship based on merit.
III. Time Period of Scholarship
1. Master degree students: 3 years for major studies, and Remedial Chinese Language Studies can be applied for 1 school year.
2. Doctoral degree students: 4 years for major studies, and Remedial Chinese Language Studies can be applied for 1 school year.
IV. The Scholarship includes:
1. Exemption from registration fee and tuition.
2. Accommodation on campus is provided.
3. The scholarship is disbursed in accordance with the relevant funding standards of the CGS.
4.Fee for outpatient medical service, Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International students in China.
V. Application time& major section
1. Application Time:Time of application: November 1, 2023 to March 1, 2024.
2. Major selection:
1. Majors in doctoral degree of Inner Mongolia University (Please check the attachment)
2. Majors in master’s degree of Inner Mongolia University (Please check the attachment)
VI. Application Procedure& Materials: Please check the appendix 1&2.
Ⅶ. Admission and School Entrance
1. Application of Chinese Government Scholarship Program is free and we do not charge any fees. No other institute (foreign or domestic) is entrusted to recruit students for us. So, applicants must fill in and submit the application materials in person and mail the paper application materials to the International College of Education of Inner Mongolia University.
2. Our university will organize experts to review the applicant's application materials or conduct online interviews to select candidates for admission, and report to the China Scholarship Council for review and selection with a merit-based system.
3. The application of applicants whose conditions and application materials are not in accordance with our requirements will be regarded as invalid application and application materials will not be sent back both in case of admission and rejection.
4. If fraud is found in application materials, the scholarship qualification shall be canceled.
5. Students who have received the CGS are not allowed to enjoy other scholarships (excluding one-time awards) established by local Chinese governments at all levels and admitted colleges. Otherwise, their CGS qualifications will be cancelled, and the CGS received must be refunded. Those who deliberately conceal their subsidy status will be disqualified and will not be allowed to apply for CGS within three years.
6. Those who admitted must bring your original copy of your passport, JW201 form, admission letter, Foreigner Physical Examination Form, your highest academic degree certificate and transcripts of record to apply for your visa at Chinese embassies (consulates) overseas.
7. Those who admitted must register on the requested day stated on admission letter, and those who exceed the school entrance time over two weeks will be canceled their admission qualification. When you register, please bring the original copies of the documents and application materials with you for verification.
Ⅷ. Postal Address and Contact:
Postal Address: International Students Office, Tower A,235 Daxue West Road, Saihan District, Hohhot, International College of Education, Inner Mongolia University, Inner Mongolia, P.R. China
Contact Persons: International Student Affairs Office
Website of Chinese Government Scholarship Application: http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn
Website of International College of Education IMU: http://www.imuiec.com
Website of CSC Study in China: http://www.campuschina.org
IMU International College of Education
Dec 1st, 2023
Instructions for Chinese Government Scholarship
Information System (CGSIS)
Please carefully read the instructions before applying for the scholarship.
Step 1: Visit “CSC Study in China” website and click “Chinese Government Scholarship Information System” at http: // www.campuschina.org. Register an account through [CREATE AN ACCOUNT] and log in with your account.
Step 2: Input Personal Details. Click “Edit Personal Details” and finish inputting personal details by filling in all the information, verifying and saving the information. After the completion of this section, return to the previous page by clicking “Finish” and start filling in your application information.
Step 3: Select the correct “Program Category”. Please select Program Category “Type B”, click “New Application”, and start filling in the application information.
Step 4: Input the correct “Agency Number”.
Your Agency Number is: 10126(Inner Mongolia University)
Program Category and Agency Number are directly matched, both are mandatory for online application. As Program Category and Agency Number are directly matched, application processing authorities will not receive your online application if the program category or agency number is not correct.
Step 5: Input Application Information
Next, please move on to the section of “Language Proficiency and Study Plan” and upload “Supporting Documents” as requested, then click “Submit” to complete the application. Check each part of your application carefully before submission. Please make sure that all the information and uploaded documents are valid and accurate.
Step 6: Once submitted, amendments cannot be made on “Personal Details” and “Application Information”. Before the application is processed by the processing authorities, applicants can revoke the submitted application by clicking “Withdraw” and edit the application. After revoking the application, applicants must submit it again after re-editing, or the application will not be processed. Once the application is processed, the application cannot be revoked.
Step 7: Click “Print the Application Form” and download the form.
Please use Firefox or Internet Explorer (11.0). For applicants using Internet Explorer, please close the “compatible view mode” function ahead of editing.
Please fill in all application information in Chinese or English.
Materials For Chinese Government Scholarship Application
1.Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form (in Chinese or English).
2. Photocopy of your passport (Period of validity should be later than September, 2024). If the current passport validity period does not meet the requirements, please issue a new passport in time.
3. Notarized highest diploma. Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
4. Academic transcripts (from the undergraduate program onwards). Copies of academic records from first to last semester during the undergraduate, graduate (if any), and doctoral programs (if any) shall be provided. These transcripts shall be issued and sealed by the attending university’s academic affairs office, graduate school, or student management department. They can be in Chinese or English, but must be attached with notarized English translations if they are in foreign languages other than English.
5. Language qualification certificates. Applicants for Chinese-taught programs must submit valid HSK reports in accordance with the corresponding Chinese proficiency requirements. Applicants for other language-taught programs shall provide relevant language proficiency certificates according to the universities’ requirements, like IELTS or TOFEL report.
6. Pre-admission documents. The pre-admission documents issued by our university (the university provides relevant pre-admission documents to eligible students after the preliminary review), and the applicants for doctoral students can provide a recommendation letter or invitation letter issued by the tutor of our university.
7. A study plan proposal. A study plan written in Chinese or English shall contain more than 1,000 characters or words; the proposal of a doctoral student shall be signed by the tutor of our university; The study plan should be related to the major to be applied for, and detailed description of the study plan and program after coming to China.
8. Recommendation letters. Two letters of recommendation (written only in Chinese or English) from professors or associate professors shall be submitted. These letters shall describe the applicant’s objectives of learning in China, comprehensive abilities, and evaluation of future growth, as well as the cooperation between the supervisors or the exchange between universities both in China and abroad. (The name, professional title, place of work, contact number of the referrers should be labeled at bottom left and their signature should be signed at bottom right).
9. Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the valid documents of their legal guardians in China.
10. A photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English (the original copy shall be kept by the applicant). The form is designed by the Chinese quarantine authority and can be obtained from the dispatching authority. The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take a physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months.
11. Non-Criminal Record report. The applicant shall submit a valid certificate of Non-Criminal Record issued by the local public security authority, usually issued within 6 months prior to the submission date of the application.
12. Language Ability Certificate (HSK, HSKK Transcript or other relevant certificates).
13. Published Articles or Works (Applicants who have published any academic papers or monograph please provide the copies).
14. Other Supporting Materials (Related certificates, honors, received training or special talents)
15. ID Photo (Upload and summit it to Chinese Government Scholarship Information System).
Reminder: Uploaded supporting documents must be clear, authentic and valid. Applicants are recommended to use a professional device to scan the relevant documents. Applicants shall bear the consequences caused by unclear or unidentifiable uploaded materials.